Quick And Easy Apricot Dessert Recipe
Published in Dessert Recipes
This is a quick and easy dessert anyone will love and great for the last minute dinner party. Be creative, there are many forms and variations for this one recipe alone. Substitute plain yogurt for whipped cream, use your favorite fruit instead of apricots, a different liqueur or no liqueur at all to make a kid friendly version. If you are making a kid friendly version compliment the type of fruit you are using by changing up the vanilla extract for another flavored extract. Have fun and enjoy!
- 2 cans apricot halves in juice; can also use low sugar preserves
- 2 tablespoons Grand Marnier; Optional, especially if serving to children
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream; or 1 1/2 cup of nonfat plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract optional, recommended if not adding Grand Marnier
- Add drained apricots and Grand Marnier to blender and blend together until completely smooth then set aside.
- Take the cold cream and add to a chilled mixing bowl along with the powdered sugar and vanilla.
- Mix together on medium speed until you form stiff raised peaks, approx. 4 min.
- You may choose to fold a small amount of the puree into your whipped cream to accentuate the apricot flavor.
- Take your dessert glasses and start with a spoonful of apricot puree, then whipped cream alternating until you reach the top.
- Leave space to put a dollop of whipped cream on top.
- Garnish with apricot slices, toasted almonds or a spoonful of granola.