I call this my "Special Taste of Italy", I think you'll see why.
Special Taste Of Italy Recipe
Published in Dinner Recipes
- 16 large shrimp; thawed or fresh
- 8 large sea scallops; thawed or fresh
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes; reduced sodium preferred
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 bunch of asparagus spears
- 1 cup white wine; your favorite, but make sure the wine makes it into the recipe
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon zest
- 2 cups your favorite pasta; we like a flavored one with this recipe, ie sun-dried tomato or spinach & garlic. Now we're talk'n Italian!
- Start with a 4qt or larger pot, place pasta in boiling water and then turn heat down to medium, if you want your pasta a little firm (al dente).
- Add all the remaining ingredients to your large saute pan.
- Cook shrimp & scallops all the way through, approx.10-12 minutes.
- Once pasta is cooked, strain & place on serving plates.
- Use a LARGE serving spoon or ladle, place all ingredients on top of a bed of pasta.
- Sprinkle with fresh parmesan-reggiano cheese, grated or shaved, Enjoy!