So simple yet so tasty!
Lena's Famous Gourmet Roasted Chicken- The one featured during our show!
- 1 whole fryer, 3.5-5.5lbs- cleaned out
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- few stems of parsley
- your favorite low sodium seasoning, we prefer Mrs. Dash
- 3-4 small potatoes, russet or redskin, cubed & sliced (yams can also be used)
- 3-4 medium carrots, medium cut
Layer the bottom of your 4 qt cooker with sliced potatoes as this will be the foundation you'll be placing the chicken on top of. Sprinkle seasoning in the bottom of pan & add approximately 1 of the chopped garlic cloves. If you like a lot of juice add 1/4 cup of water, otherwise no water is necessary. Once you've cleaned out the fryer stuff it with remaining potatoes, garlic & onion, place it in pan. Line the outer layer with carrots & any remaining veggies. Sprinkle seasoning generously over top of chicken, covering the entire fryer. Add parsley and cover. Allow chicken to cook at setting #3 for 4-5 hours. Remember if you want to cook longer turn setting down & vice versa.