A delicious soup that's fun for all to enjoy...
- 3 cups pumpkin puree
- 4 cups chicken stock (low sodium)
- 2 tbsp clover honey
- 1/4 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tsp fresh cinnamon
- 3/4 cup sour cream (light)
- 2 tbsp grade A pure maple syrup
- Roasted pumpkin seeds
- kosher or sea salt & cracked pepper to taste
- *for a spicier taste add 2 tsp chili powder.
Using your 4 qt bring 3 cups of chicken stock to a boil. Whisk in 1 tsp of cinnamon, salt , pepper, pumpkin puree, ginger, nutmeg, maple syrup, allspice, & honey.
Turn heat down to simmer for 12-15 minutes, continuing to stir throughout. Remove soup from heat & whisk in 1/4 cup of the sour cream. (Use additional stock if the soup is too thick).
Combine remaining sour cream & cinnamon in a separate bowl & whisk. Serve soup into 4 separate bowls. Drizzle cinnamon cream over soup & sprinkle with toasted pumpkin seeds.