Most of us are fans of red bean chili. But how about a white bean chili with tender chicken? Up for something new & delicious? Give this White Bean Chicken Chili a try and you might not go back to your red bean ways! This is one of those recipes that you can make in your large slow-cooker. Come home to a delicious hot meal waiting for you, instead of the other way around.
- 1 1/2-2lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs, cubed; usually 1 medium pkg will suffice
- 2 cans northern white beans
- 1 can French onion soup
- 1 can chicken stock; we prefer low sodium
- 16 oz. salsa; 1 jar of your favorite store brand
- 1 Tbsp ground cumin
- 1 Tbsp dried oregano
- 1 cup grounded oats; not quick oats
- 2 clove garlic; finely minced
- tiny tiny pinch of cayenne pepper; reiterate...tiny pinch!
- sour cream, light or regular; a dollop for each serving
- Using a 4qt or larger slow-cooker or saucepan, add olive oil & heat on medium-high heat.
- Once pan is heated, add in garlic and lightly brown, careful not to burn.
- Combine all other ingredients & stir very well.
- Turn heat down to medium-low and allow to cook for 2-3 hours, if possible stir throughout.
- Serve with a dollop of sour cream & blue corn tortilla chips.
(Our favorite is Target's Archer Farms brand, organic with flaxseed, delicious!)