Breakfast is our favorite meal of the day. Does it get any better than eggs, Canadian bacon & fresh vegetables? This "Egg & Veggie Bake" is one we enjoy a lot!
See what you think.
- 8 large brown eggs; using only 2 yolks
- 4 slices Canadian Bacon; diced
- 1/2 small onion; sliced thin
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced; we prefer baby bella mushrooms
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese blend; reduced fat is an option
- ground black pepper; to taste
- Pinch of sea salt
- Lightly coat skillet with olive oil, small pad of butter or non-stick cooking spray and heat over a medium-high burner.
- Once pan is hot add eggs and cook until they are no longer runny.
- Add bacon, onions, & mushrooms.
- Place under preheated broiler for 5-7 minutes.
- Remove & add cheese, place back under broiler until cheese melts. Approx. 2-3 minutes.
- Slice & serve warm.
- *Another option to this recipe is to add thin slices of cooked redskin potatoes, time permitting.