Another great way to enjoy salmon...
- 8 redskin potatoes, cubed
- 2 tbsp reduced sodium teriyaki sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, minced
- 4 salmon fillets, preferably wild caught
- 4 cups mixed salad greens
- 2 tbsp fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh oregano leaves, chopped
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 lemons, halved
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Using your saucepan, cover & steam cubed redskin potatoes until tender, approximately 20 minutes. While potatoes are cooking, mix teriyaki, garlic and parsley in a small mixing bowl. Preheat broiler & lightly coat a broiler pan with cooking spray. Place salmon fillets on the pan, skin-side down, and brush with teriyaki marinade. Broil salmon approximately 6 inches from the broiler until the fish is cooked through and flakes easily with a fork, about 8 to 10 minutes. While salmon is cooking, combine salad greens, basil, oregano, olive oil and balsamic vinegar in a medium bowl and toss. Divide tossed salad between four separate plates. Place broiled salmon fillets over salad greens and layer potatoes along outside of the plate. Top salmon and salad with a squeeze of fresh lemon, a favorite light dressing, freshly ground black pepper. Serve and enjoy!