Looking for a healthy alternative to ordinary burgers?
- 1 1/2-2lbs ground bison meat
- 1/4 cup Italian flat parsley, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup low sodium beef stock
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- dash of sea, kosher salt or any of your favorite herb seasonings
- 1/4lb baby Portobella or white mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1/2 onion cut into quarters & shredded using #2 cone on your Kitchen Kutter
- 2 large garlic cloves, finely chopped cracked black pepper to taste
- 4 large hamburger buns, flavor depends on your personal preference
In a large mixing bowl combine bison meat with Worcestershire sauce, beef stock, 3 tbsp olive oil, salt, pepper & herbs. Divide the mixture evenly into 4 equal portions, form & press into patties. Preheat your large gourmet skillet to medium-high heat. Cook patties for approximately 8-10 minutes for medium rare, longer for medium. Flip only once half way through the cooking process. In your saute pan add 2 tbsp of butter & cook mushrooms, garlic & onions for approximately 6-8 minutes or until tender. Place patties onto toasted bun top with garlic, onions, mushrooms. Serve with a slice of extra sharp cheddar or Swiss & your favorite condiments. If using mayonnaise please use the light version. Send me your feedback on this one. I made it the other night for Lena and added roasted red bell peppers, she was very impressed. Enjoy!